After completing their certification as Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) the candidates have opportunities in following areas.
1. Technical Architect: As the technical architect, you'll be responsible for defining the overall structure of a program or system. Acting as project manager, overseeing IT assignments that are aimed at improving the business, and ensuring all parts of the project run smoothly.
2. Network Engineer or System Engineer : Also known as computer network architects, network engineers work with a company's computer network, using information technology to make network systems for all employees to use. These data networks can include local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), intranets and extranets.
3. Team Leader /Technical Leader : A successful Tech Lead takes on responsibilities that sit with roles such as the Team Leader, the Architect and the Engineering Manager. Work with a leadership and management skills applied in a technical context with a team of developers.
4. Customer Support Engineer: Customer Support engineers serve as experts in the products that their company manufactures and develops. They find solutions to the problems with the products and help customers work through technical difficulties.
5. System Analyst: Work of system analyst is to Defines application problem by conferring with clients, evaluating procedures and processes and Develops solution by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions. System analyst Controls solution by establishing specifications, coordinating production with programmers.
6. Technical support engineer: TSE address customer questions and concerns regarding their company's products. TSE professionals answer incoming phone calls from customers and troubleshoot technical problems.
Requirements for MCSE Course
For Microsoft Certified System Engineer, one needs to have the under mentioned skills:
1. Professional Experience and skills: Ability to explain technical concepts and communicate with system administrators and all users at all levels' from lower level to MIS managers. Have +3 years of experience in application development and support. Ability to solve complex problems and have a excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to lead technical teams & staff and manage to change priorities.
2. Technical Expertise: Hand on experience of Operating systems such as: UNIX, Windows 2000/XP, Windows 95/98, Windows NT, Linux, 2003 Server, Vista and Novell Netware 5.0.
3. Networking knowledge: Networking knowledge of DHCP, Proxy Server , DNS, Ethernet, FTP, Wireless (802.11), TCP, IPv6, WINS , Windows NT / Window 2000 and IPv4 and exchange. Added advantage if knowledge of : Microsoft Office 2000 (Excel ,Word, Access, PowerPoint) Outlook, Microsoft FrontPage, Corel WordPerfect 7.0 Suite and Netscape Navigator & php.
4. Hardware & Technical experience : Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot any kind of Laptop, PC, Desktop and Printer problems.
(Client side Operating System)
MCSE Syllabus : Syllabus for Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer program as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges are under mentioned.